TSA is dedicated to providing facilities for the competitive and general shooting outdoors persons in North Central Pennsylvania.
TSA is located North of Waterville, Pennsylvania off of Rt. 44. A great location and a nice place to visit.
NRA class Silhouette Shooting Facilities for small bore scope silhouette and cowboy lever in small bore, pistol cartridge and
cowboy ratings are available.
Sunday, November 27, 2016
Hey all, It was a good day at the Annual Running Deer Shoot. We had 64 shooters, sold lots of chili and hot sausage sandwiches, sold many memberships including some to brand new members. We also drew for our gun give away. Names will be posted as soon as all winners are confirmed by phone. I have had two return calls and I am awaiting two more. First two were pretty excited. Lets see if we can get 500 members in the coming year to give five guns away. 2015 we gave three, 2016 we gave four, 2017 here we come!!!!
Sunday, November 13, 2016
Tiadaghton Sportsman’s Association
We would like to remind all members about the Annual Running Deer Shoot and Gun Drawing. The date is quickly approaching, and this year it will be held Sunday, November 27th, Noon start time. As a reminder, if you purchased a membership in 2016, your name will go in for the Gun Drawing. We give away one gun for every “even” 100 members. This year we have 402 members which means, we will give away four (4) guns. Good Luck to all of you. Please be sure to read the attached Range Rules, and you are asked to observe all Rules. Thank you.
We now have a “Blog Page” where Club information is posted when needed. The address is http://tidaghton.blogspot.com Please check out the page.
If you engage in Facebook, there is also a Facebook Group set up for “Tiadaghton Sportsmen’s Association”. Please search for the group, send a friend request, and you will then be able to access information. Both the internet site and the Facebook group is updated with news and events happening at the club.
The clubhouse now has a telephone on site: 570-769-6089. This is to be used in case of emergencies. There is not always someone on site to answer the phone. The address has also changed to: 1599 Francis Farm Road.
Monthly Meetings are held the second Monday of each month at 7:00 pm at the Club House, except the months of January, February and March. These meetings are held in the basement of the Jersey Shore Elks. Weather permitting, the rest of the monthly meetings will be held at the Club House. The Officers encourage everyone to attend the meetings to offer ideas and information to improve the Club.
The Officers for the 2016 year are:
PRESIDENT Gary Ludwig
VICE PRESIDENT Ron Saylor
VICE PRESIDENT Clay Weaver,Jr.
VICE PRESIDENT Shawn Dyroff
TREASURER Norm Ludwig
SECRETARY Sue Shoemaker
Nomination of Officers is held at the February meeting and election of officers is held at the March meeting.
Workdays are held every Monday beginning at 9:00 am and continue until the work is complete. Normal work sessions include cutting the grass, grounds clean up, range maintenance and there is some painting that needs to be done this year. All maintenance work is done by volunteers, so any/all help is appreciated. Work Mondays and dates are listed below:
April 3rd, 10th, 17st, 24th
May 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
June 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th,
July 10th, 17st, 24th, 31st
August 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
Dates for September will be announced. If you are interested in lending a helping hand to maintain our club grounds, please contact Don Reed at 570-772-9976. Help from additional Club Members is highly encouraged. Organized work days are scheduled for Mondays, but help will be appreciated any day.
IBO/Archery Shoots: The Club is looking for volunteer/volunteers to run the IBO/Archery Shoots.
Trap Shoots: Is there any interest in holding Trap Shoots at the Club. If you “are” interested, please contact Norm Ludwig at 570-865-6214.
****We are asking for members to volunteer to help with workdays and shoots. We are currently at 400 plus members, and it takes a lot of work to maintain the grounds and the buildings that are used daily by members. Another note to all members: PLEASE shoot at the rubber targets instead of the target frames. Remember!!!! This Club belongs to all of us, so please take a personal interest in maintaining the Clubhouse and its grounds!!!!! If you see someone destroying property, please contact Don Reed at 570-772-9976.
Congratulations to the winners of the Gun Drawing 2015 that took place at the Running Deer Sunday Shoot held at Tiadaghton Sportsman’s Club. The winners were: Bill Thomas – East Greenville, PA; Taylor Sheleman – Jersey Shore, PA; Emmett Kyler – Hughsville, PA.
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (7, 15, 25 yds), Outdoor Rifle (25,50,100,200,300 yds)
Hours of Operation: Dawn to Dusk
Range Access: Private
Hours of Operation: Dawn to Dusk
Range Access: Private
1. There have been improvements and maintenance done on the clubhouse this year.
2. In September there was a Coroners’ Convention for the state of Pennsylvania held in Williamsport, PA. We had the privilege to hold a Gun Handling Class at the club. There were about 22 coroners in attendance for the class. The class was run by our own Donny Reed.
3. Also this year we held Silhouette Shoots every Wednesday night from June thru September. Shoot info was as follows:
TIME: The range will open at 5:00 pm to sight in guns. The match will begin at 6:00 pm. Registration will start at 5:00 pm and will be accepted until the last relay has been called to the line.
COURSE OF FIRE: 10 Shots at chickens - 40 meters
10 Shots at pigs - 60 meters
10 Shots at turkeys - 77 meters
10 Shots at rams - 100 meters
FEES: Adult one gun $3.00 two guns $5.00
4. We also held Groundhog Shoots the last Sunday of the month from May thru October. Shoot info was as follows:
Pre-registration can be done at Goodman's Arms LLC 570-295-5894 or you can register at the club the morning of the shoot. They will also answer any additional questions you may have.
· There will be two classes of shooters: 1. Factory 2. Modified
· Shooters will shoot 3 targets; 1 at 100 yards, 1 at 200 yards and 1 at 300 yards
· Shooters will be allowed unlimited sighters in a timeframe, and 5 shots for record.
· Scoring will be all 3 targets combined for score with a max score of 225 points.
· Tie breakers will be determined by the smallest measured group at 300 yards.
· Factory class will be any rifle with factory stock weight, barrel, and action. Muzzle attachments will be allowed along with aftermarket triggers. Any optic or sights allowed. Modified class will be any rifle aftermarket barrel, action, and stock. Any optic or sights allowed. All factory or build semi auto rifles will be classified as a Factory gun. Both classes will be allowed any rest option they would like as long as it is two separate rest, No 1 piece rest ex (led sled).
· Shooters will be allowed 5 minutes to setup rifle on bench which will be assigned at registration, NO SWITCHING ALLOWED. There will be 2 minute setup to switch range.
· Shooters will have three minutes unlimited sighters. (At each range)
· Shooters will have three minutes for 5 shots on record. (At each range)
· There are two bulls on each target. 1 in the head and 1 in the body. Shooter can choose which to shoot at but must be aware of Scoring rules.
There are two white Bulls. 1 in head is 3/4 inch and 1 in body at 1 1/2 inch, both have subsequent rings. Both are live targets and you choose which to shoot, however, the smaller head target will only be scored for hits on white Bull; the subsequent rings are scored as lowest body hits. The larger white Bull WILL count the rings for score.
Scoring as follows:
Smaller bull = 15 points
Larger bull = 10 points
Large ring = 8 points
Med ring = 6 points
Inside body = 2 points
Outside body = 0 points
Each group will have a designated range officer to assist in tine and to answer any questions you may have. Call range officer if any complications occur. Do not move or attempt to fix without first notifying the range officer. Each shooter is allowed one spotter but they must remain behind the shooter at all times and cannot interfere with other shooters at any time. If helping a child please make sure they are able to operate the weapons themselves and you are only there for their and others safety.
When you are done firing let the range officer know and stay at your station until entire line is finished with their string. Once cease fire has been called, range officer will make sure all bolts are open and safe before removing from bench. Scorers will then go down range to collect targets.
· Each shooter will pay a $10 entry fee for first gun, and $5 per extra gun(s)
· The club will receive $3 for every entered shooter for allowing use of facility and to cover insurance cost.
· Each class will be counted and the remaining moneys will be split 70% for 1st and 30% for 2nd.
· If there are less than 10 entries, there will only be a 1st payout of 100%. Example: 20 entry's = $200, Club gets $60 and payout for 1st would be $98 and 2nd would be $42.
The Club will also have food and beverages available.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR RIFLE, PISTOL, TRAP AND ARCHERY RANGE AT THE TIADAGHTON SPORTMAN’S ASSOCIATION.
MEMBERS ONLY ARE PERMITTED ON THE RANGES!!! (THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED)
1. MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED ON ALL RANGES, AND MEMBERSHIP MUST BE VISIBLY DISPLAYED ON OUTER GARMENT WHILE USING ANY RANGE AT TIADAGHTON SPORTSMAN’S.
2. ALL RANGES WILL BE OPEN DAILY, EXCEPT DURING SILHOUETTE AND GROUNDHOG SHOOTS, DAYS OF WORK PARTIES, and SPECIAL EVENTS. (Silhouette shoots are held on Wednesday evenings 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm from May through the end of August and the Groundhog Shoots are held the last Sunday of the month Saturdays 9:00 am until approximately 3:00 pm of each month from May through October. Work parties are generally held on Monday of each week 8:00 am -5:00 pm).
3. ANYONE USING RANGES OR OTHER TIADAGHTON SPORTSMEN WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SAFETY AND KEEPING AREA CLEAN OF ALL DEBRIS ON PROPERTY.
4. TIADAGHTON SPORTSMEN “WILL NOT” BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYONE INJURED ON THE PROPERTY.
5. SHOOTING AT TARGETS WILL BE DONE ON PAPER TARGETS ONLY—PROPERLY PLACED ON TARGET FRAMES—“NO SHOOTING” CANS OR SILHOUETTES OFF TARGET FRAMES.
6. ALL TARGETS MUST BE REMOVED FROM TARGET FRAMES WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED.
7. ANYONE USING ANY RANGE ON CLUB PROPERTY MUST HAVE A VALID MEMBERSHIP—IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A MEMBERSHIP, AND WILL NOT BUY ONE—THEN YOU WILL BE TOLD TO LEAVE!!!!
8. BE COURTEOUS TO OTHER SPORTSMEN!!! “ALWAYS” MAINTAIN A SPORTSMAN LIKE ATTITUDE!!
9. ANY GROUP OF MEMBERS DESIRING TO USE ANY RANGE, MUST MAKE ADVANCED ARRANGEMENTS WITH THE CLUB AND SAID USE “MUST BE POSTED” 30 DAYS IN ADVANCE.
10. RANGE SAFETY ALARM MUST BE TURNED ON WHEN ANY MEMBER IS DOWN RANGE—“THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS”!
11. NO INTOXICATED PERSON OR INTOXICATING BEVERAGES—INCLUDING DRUGS ARE PERMITTED ON RANGE.
12. ANY MEMBER VIOLATING THESE RULES WILL BE:
a. VERBALLY TOLD
b. ASKED TO LEAVE
13. “REMEMBER”—SAFETY MUST BE TAKING WHILE USING ANY CLUB PROPERTY!!!
Tiadaghton memberships allow unlimited access to a variety of shooting ranges. Ranges available include rifle, pistol, trap, silhouette and archery ranges. Members can also take advantage of the Annual Gun Drawing. One gun certificate is purchased for every 100 memberships sold each year.
2017 Memberships are now on sale. Hurry to take advantage of your Tiadaghton Membership now. “REMEMBER”, membership tags must be displayed in plain view when using the shooting ranges.
All Club memberships can be obtained by mail. Please complete an application and remit your check payable to TIADAGHTON SPORTSMEN’S ASSOCIATION along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope. The cost for an adult membership is $25.00. A family membership is $35.00, which includes husband and wife. Youths, 17 and under, do not need a membership, and must be accompanied by an adult who holds a current membership.
Any membership may also be purchased at the following selling locations:
Fin, Fir and Feather, Haneyville, PA
Mountain Top Inn, Haneyville, PA
McConnell’s Country Store and Fly Shop, Waterville, PA
Happy Acres Campground, Waterville, PA
National Sporting Goods, Jersey Shore, PA
Buttorff’s Hardware, Jersey Shore, PA
Goodman Arms, McElhattan, PA
Club House when open
Tiadaghton Sportsmen’s Association
PO Box 164
Jersey Shore, PA 17740
_______ Adult Membership $25.00
_______ Family Membership $35.00