The winners of the 2015 Gun Drawing held at the club shoot on Sunday, November 29 were:
Taylor Sheleman, Jersey Shore, PA
Bill Thomas, East Greenville, PA
Emmett Kyler, Hughesville, PA
To be considered eligible for the Gun Drawing held the Sunday after Thanksgiving, you must have purchased the current year membership. All purchased memberships during the year are entered into the drawing. Thank you all for your continued support.
TSA is dedicated to providing facilities for the competitive and general shooting outdoors persons in North Central Pennsylvania.
TSA is located North of Waterville, Pennsylvania off of Rt. 44. A great location and a nice place to visit.
NRA class Silhouette Shooting Facilities for small bore scope silhouette and cowboy lever in small bore, pistol cartridge and
cowboy ratings are available.
Tuesday, November 3, 2015
Tiadaghton Sportsman’s Association
We would like to remind all members about the Annual Running Deer Shoot and Gun Drawing which is always held the Sunday before Deer Season. The date is quickly approaching, and this year it will be held Sunday, November 29th. As a reminder, if you purchased a membership in 2015, your name will go in for the Gun Drawing. We give away one gun for every “even” 100 members. Good Luck to all of you. Please be sure to read the attached Range Rules, and you are asked to observe all Rules. Thank you.
We now have a “Blog Page” where Club information is posted when needed. The address is http://tidaghton.blogspot.com Please check out the page.
If you engage in Facebook, there is also a Facebook Group set up for “Tiadaghton Sportsmen’s Association”. Please search for the group, send a friend request, and you will then be able to access information.
The clubhouse now has a telephone on site: 570-769-6089. This is to be used in case of emergencies. There is not always someone on site to answer the phone.
Monthly Meetings are held the second Monday of each month at 7:00 pm at the Club House, except the months of January, February and March. These meetings are held in the basement of the Jersey Shore Elks. Weather permitting, the rest of the monthly meetings will be held at the Club House. The Officers encourage everyone to attend the meetings to offer ideas and information to improve the Club.
The Officers for the 2015 year are:
PRESIDENT Gary Ludwig
VICE PRESIDENT Fred Dyroff
VICE PRESIDENT Ron Saylor
VICE PRESIDENT Clay Weaver,Jr.
VICE PRESIDENT Shawn Dyroff
TREASURER Norm Ludwig
SECRETARY Sue Shoemaker
Nomination of Officers is held at the February meeting and election of officers is held at the March meeting.
Workdays are held every Monday beginning at 9:00 am and continue until the work is complete. Normal work sessions include cutting the grass, grounds clean up, range maintenance and there is some painting that needs to be done this year. Work Mondays and dates are listed below:
April 4th, 11th, 18st, 25thMay 2th, 9th, 16th, 23rd
June 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th,
July 10th, 17th, 24st,
August 1st, 8th, 22th, 29th
Dates for September will be announced. If you are interested in lending a helping hand to maintain our club grounds, please contact Don Reed at 570-772-9976. Help from additional Club Members is highly encouraged. Organized work days are scheduled for Mondays, but help will be appreciated any day.
IBO/Archery Shoots: The Club is looking for volunteer/volunteers to run the IBO/Archery Shoots.
****We are asking for members to volunteer to help with workdays and shoots. We are currently at 300 plus members, and it takes a lot of work to maintain the grounds and the buildings that are used daily by members. Another note to all members: PLEASE shoot at the rubber targets instead of the target frames. Remember!!!! This Club belongs to all of us, so please take a personal interest in maintaining the Clubhouse and its grounds!!!!! If you see someone destroying property, please contact Don Reed at 570-772-9976.
Congratulations to the winners of the Gun Drawing 2014 that took place at the Running Deer Sunday Shoot held at Tiadaghton Sportsman’s Club. The winners were: Terry Cryder-Lock Haven, PA; Charles Harris Sr.- Mill Hall, PA; Dwayne Hoyer –Lebonan, PA
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (25, 50, 100 yds), Outdoor Rifle (25,50,100,200,300 yds)
Hours of Operation: Dawn to Dusk
Range Access: Private
Hours of Operation: Dawn to Dusk
Range Access: Private
The clubhouse grounds have been used this past year for other things too. A local Boy Scout troop used the grounds for a weekend to camp and work outside to earn badges. We even had one Boy Scout, LJ Boone, who completed his Eagle Scout Project by building and installing “Bat Boxes” on our clubhouse grounds.
Another weekend, we had The Lycoming/Clinton County Young Marines complete an Encampment teaching them vital survival skills, like building their own shelters to sleep in over the weekend. This allowed them to earn ribbons and awards.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR RIFLE, PISTOL,TRAP AND ARCHERY RANGE AT THE TIADAGHTON SPORTMAN’S ASSOCIATION.
- MEMBERS ONLY ARE PERMITTED ON THE RANGES!!! (THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED)
- MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED ON ALL RANGES, AND MEMBERSHIP MUST BE VISIBLY DISPLAYED ON OUTER GARMENT WHILE USING ANY RANGE AT TIADAGHTON SPORTSMAN’S.
- ALL RANGES WILL BE OPEN DAILY, EXCEPT DURING SILHOUETTE SHOOTS, DAYS OF WORK PARTIES, and SPECIAL EVENTS. (Silhouette shoots are held on Thursday evenings 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm from May through the end of August and on the Saturdays 8:00 am until approximately 5:00 pm of each month from May through September. Work parties are generally held on Monday of each week 8:00 am -5:00 pm).
- ANYONE USING RANGES OR OTHER TIADAGHTON SPORTSMEN WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SAFETY AND KEEPING AREA CLEAN OF ALL DEBRIS ON PROPERTY.
- TIADAGHTON SPORTSMEN “WILL NOT” BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYONE INJURED ON THE PROPERTY.
- SHOOTING AT TARGETS WILL BE DONE ON PAPER TARGETS ONLY—PROPERLY PLACED ON TARGET FRAMES—“NO SHOOTING” CANS OR SILHOUETTES OFF TARGET FRAMES.
- ALL TARGETS MUST BE REMOVED FROM TARGET FRAMES WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED.
- ANYONE USING ANY RANGE ON CLUB PROPERTY MUST HAVE A VALID MEMBERSHIP—IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A MEMBERSHIP, AND WILL NOT BUY ONE—THEN YOU WILL BE TOLD TO LEAVE!!!!
- BE COURTEOUS TO OTHER SPORTSMEN!!! “ALWAYS” MAINTAIN A SPORTSMAN LIKE ATTITUDE!!
- ANY GROUP OF MEMBERS DESIRING TO USE ANY RANGE, MUST MAKE ADVANCED ARRANGEMENTS WITH THE CLUB AND SAID USE “MUST BE POSTED” 30 DAYS IN ADVANCE.
- RANGE SAFETY ALARM MUST BE TURNED ON WHEN ANY MEMBER IS DOWN RANGE—“THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS”!
- NO INTOXICATED PERSON OR INTOXICATING BEVERAGES—INCLUDING DRUGS ARE PERMITTED ON RANGE.
- ANY MEMBER VIOLATING THESE RULES WILL BE:
- VERBALLY TOLD
- ASKED TO LEAVE
- “REMEMBER”—SAFETY MUST BE TAKING WHILE USING ANY CLUB PROPERTY!!!
Tiadaghton memberships allow unlimited access to a variety of shooting ranges. Ranges available include rifle, pistol, trap, silhouette and archery ranges. Members can also take advantage of the Annual Gun Drawing. One gun certificate is purchased for every 100 memberships sold each year.
2016 Memberships are now on sale. Hurry to take advantage of your Tiadaghton Membership now. “REMEMBER”, membership tags must be displayed in plain view when using the shooting ranges.
All Club memberships can be obtained by mail. Please complete an application and remit your check payable to TIADAGHTON SPORTSMEN’S ASSOCIATION along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope. The cost for an adult membership is $25.00. A family membership is $35.00, which includes husband and wife. Youths, 17 and under, do not need a membership, and must be accompanied by an adult who holds a current membership.
Any membership may also be purchased at the following selling locations:
Fin, Fir and Feather, Haneyville, PA
Mountain Top Inn, Haneyville, PA
McConnell’s Country Store and Fly Shop, Waterville, PA
Happy Acres Campground, Waterville, PA
National Sporting Goods, Jersey Shore, PA
Buttorff’s Hardware, Jersey Shore, PA
Club House when open
Tiadaghton Sportsmen’s AssociationPO Box 164
Jersey Shore, PA 17740
_______ Adult Membership $25.00